Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Grandma's Meatballs
Rating: 5 out of 5
My official rater is out of town, so I get to give this our very first PERFECT score. If he disagrees he can have a talk with grandma. I love these meatballs so much I decided to make a double batch and freeze nearly 40 saucy balls (that's a reference to the America's Next Great Restaurant). This time I ate them as a meatball sub but they would be great as an appetizer or on some noodles. Mmm....
Ingredients
2 lbs Italian sausage
1 egg
1 cup of Italian bread crumbs
1/2 Red Onion
10 oz of Sweet Chili Sauce
18 oz of Grape Jelly
Directions
1. Mix together the sausage, egg, onion and bread crumbs. Form the meat mixture into ping pong ball sized meatballs (yes, that is my technical term).
2. Combine the chili sauce and jelly in a slow cooker. Add the meatballs and cook on low for 6 hours.
3. Smell the excellence for a few hours and then serve warm once cooked through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment