Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekly Menu for Feb 17 - Feb 22, 2013

Breakfast

Breakfast Pie (eggs, sausage, red pepper, onion, cauliflower, mushrooms, cream cheese, whipping cream) served with either Banana or Peaches and Greek Yogurt (4 stars)
First I sautéed the sausage in a bit of oil until it was cooked and set it aside. Then I sauteed the red pepper, onion, mushrooms for about 10 minutes. As that was cooking, I whisked together 9 eggs, 1/4 cup cream cheese, and 4 tablespoons of whipping cream in a separate bowl. Then I slowly mixed everything back into the pan and put the heat on low, stirring frequently. After about 10 minutes I put it in my 9 inch ceramic pie pan and baked it at 350 for probably 30 minutes, until the eggs were cooked through. To make sure nothing is wasted I split the pie into four portions. Two portions are in the fridge and the other two are in the freezer. 
Lunch

Mini pizzas served with Apples and Chocolate Peanut/Greek Yogurt dipping sauce (4 stars)
I bought the Fred Meyer whole wheat sandwich thins, pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and black olives. Each afternoon, I assembled each mini pizza and broiled in the oven for a few minutes, until the cheese was fully melted. On the side, I mixed a tablespoon of chocolate peanut butter with a few tablespoons of greek yogurt, which is enough dipping sauce for an apple. 
Dinner

Spaghetti (3 stars)
When in a pinch, make a huge serving of spaghetti. We used vegetarian "meat" and it tasted ok, but lacked in flavor.
Tortellini in a pesto sauce (3 stars)
We bought organic, fancy pants tortellini and tossed them in a pesto sauce. It was pretty tasty but not filling and not worth the money we spent.
Crockpot Tuscano (3 stars)
It smelled yummy cooking and tasted eh. We have a ton in the freezer, though. Ingredients included: 1 lb. Italian sausage 2 large russet baking potatoes , sliced in half, and then in 1/4 inch slices 1 large onion , chopped 1/4 c. bacon bit (optional) 2 garlic cloves , minced 2 c. kale or 2 c. swiss chard , chopped 16 oz. cans chicken broth 1 quart water 1 c. heavy whipping cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment