Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Avocado and Shrimp Salad

Rating 4.25 out of 5

Food on the Table had a very simple "salad" that I wanted to try out as a topping on crostinis and a salad topping.  This was super quick, healthy, and uses fresh veggies. Unfortunately, I gobbled it down before I could take a picture (I was STARVING), but I'm sure you can picture what it looked like.

Ingredients
 
2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and cubed
2 tomatoes, diced
1 sweet onion, chopped
1 (pound) small shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved
salt and pepper, to taste
2 (tablespoon) lime juice
1 baguette (for the crostinis) or handful of spinach (for a salad) 


Directions

1. In a medium pan, saute shrimp and onion (if you don't like raw onions) in a small amout of olive oil until opaque, about 3 minutes. Allow to cool completely.

2. Stir together avocadoes, tomatoes, onion, and shrimp in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in lime juice.

3. If serving on bread, put the sliced bread on a cookie sheet and brush with a little olive oil. Broil on low for a few minutes until toasted.

4. Serve cold on crostinis or on a bed of spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment