Oatmeal or whole wheat bread; Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries; and Oranges
Lunch
Egg salad sandwich; cucumbers or apples; sliced cheese; and kiwi
Spinach salad with tomatoes, black olives, cucumbers, shredded cheese, and almonds
Leftovers
Dinner
Spicy acorn squash with black beans (2 stars)
I did learn that I can bake an acorn squash whole at 350 degrees Fahrenheit -- much easier than trying to cut it raw and takes up less space when baking. All you do is place the whole squash on a baking sheet or in a glass pyrex with few pokes of a fork and cook till tender (about 45 to 60 minutes.)
I didn't add in the jalapeno, cilantro or lime juice (I didn't have those on hand). The dish overall was simple to make, but not memorable or special. It would work better as a side dish than a main dish.
Eggplant Parmesan (4 stars)
I loved this dish and it was super easy to throw together. Next time, I will either double the recipe or make it in my smaller pyrex so it is thicker and even more awesome.
Chorizo quesadilla with Fries (4 stars)
I just used the picture as inspiration. I cooked 1 package of soy chorizo, added about 2 cups of frozen corn and wilted in several handfuls of spinach. I chopped black olives and shredded pepper jack, cheddar, and mozzarella cheese. As the quesadillas cooked, I fried three eggs to put on top.
UPDATE: Brian must have loved this because he requested it for the following week.
Acorn squash and portobello mushroom pizza with garlic bread and a salad (2 stars)
Eh, this was ok. Our mushrooms were stringy and not a great texture for Cam to chomp on.
Shrimp pasta with tomatoes, lemon, and spinach (3.5 stars)
On a day that was super busy, this was a quick and yummy meal that I tossed together with no effort. Nothing spectacular but good flavors and little effort.
Disclaimer: Photos are from linked sources; not my own work.







No comments:
Post a Comment